What To Look For When Selecting A Designer
08 May, 2021
But how do you choose? Well, here is a brief list of things to think about when picking the person you will be trusting your inner sanctum to.
- Follow the rule of three - meet with three designers to make your choice, too many options is often confusing. This goes for design choices as well.
- Identify Your Style - and then ask the designer for examples of that style
- Set a Budget - and be honest about it with your designer, there's nothing more disappointing than looking at an amazing interior and discovering there is no way you can afford it.
- Ask questions - don't be afraid to ask everything on your mind, communication is key in remodeling. Want to know how long things will take, have you done similar projects, are you okay with (pets, kids, etc)?
- Prepare to Work together - once you choose your designer, you are now a team, collaborating on making your space the best it can be!
- Follow your gut - if it feels like a good fit, it's often the right match
- Be Flexible - as with any project, things happen that are out of your control, construction schedules fluctuate, shipments are sometimes damaged, and a good designer has dealt with all of this before and will come up with the best solution possible.
- Sign a contract - just as a general rule of thumb, it is always a good idea to get things in writing.
- Interior Design – new spaces, remodeling, both residential and commercial
- Real Estate Staging – sell your home quicker for top dollar (Furniture and decorative pieces available for lease)
- Online Consultations – local or across the country, we serve you. Let's Zoom!
- 3D Design Rendering – get an idea of how your space will look without having to swing a single hammer!
- Shopping – online or in-person with designer discounts of up to 70%, get the designer look without paying designer prices.
- Holiday and Seasonal Decorating – graduation party coming up, we can help!
Modest Muse Interiors